Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Where's Nuxeo roadmap?
The only recent one I could find is already 6 month old and rather sketchy to say the least:
So the score for this battle: Alfresco 1, Nuxeo 0.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
The value of an ECM platform resides in its ability to be connected to third-party applications, both other enterprise applications, and desktop clients.
How do Alfresco and Nuxeo fare in this respect? Here’s my own analysis, based on personal experience and a little bit of googling:
- Alfresco seems to support all the mentioned
- Nuxeo doesn’t claim to support CIFS or FTP
- WebDAV support in Nuxeo is optional, and from my
experience, very partial
- CMIS support in Nuxeo is only partial (no versioning,
- Nuxeo’s REST and SOAP APIs are only partial
What’s you’re opinion about this matrix? Which APIs and protocols do you use in your projects? Give you opinion in the comments!
Saturday, June 19, 2010
- Mac OS
- Only the Windows package is a real installer. The "Mac OS" and "Linux" packages are just ZIP files and not real installers.
- The packages only contain the Nuxeo platform, not the third-party apps that are needed by Nuxeo (such as OpenOffice.org and ImageMagik, as for Alfresco).
Do you agree or disagree with my analysis? Please use the comments to voice your own opinion.